If it has to do with hardwood, it has to be Custom Installations. We are a top-tier Minnesota company specializing in superior hardwood refinishing, as well as installation of new hardwood floors.
We have experience working with all types of hardwood, and we will make sure your project is completed to the highest standards.
Things to consider when getting a hardwood floor:
- Type of subfloor – Different subfloors require different flooring. We can help find the right one, whether your subfloor is plywood, plank, OSB (Oriented Stran Board), or concrete.
- Moisture level – Hardwood floor should be given time to acclimate to the room where it will be installed to prevent warping and gaps. It’s also important to use the correct installation materials for the job.
- Pre-finished or site-finished – Hardwood floors can be finished either before or after installation. We can help you decide which option is best for your interior space.
- Solid or engineered – Traditional hardwood floors are milled from a single 3⁄4-inch thick piece of wood, while engineered hardwood is created with layers of stacked wood.
- Longevity – Hardwood flooring can last hundreds of years, and its natural beauty can be restored with proper refinishing. Ask for a free estimate on our hardwood floor refinishing services.